Curwensville Borough Codes & Permits

Code Enforcement


Code Enforcement Officer- Tom Carfley


Winter Snow Removal

All property owners in the borough are required to clear their sidewalks of snow and treat for ice within 24 hours of snowfall.

  • Snow is not to be shoveled or blown into the street.
  • Please use caution when shovelling.

Land Use Permits/Building Permits


When To Get A Permit

Permits are required when doing any remodeling or repair to the outside of your property. The type of permit required depends on the type of work you are doing. There are two types of permits, Land Use Permits issued by the Borough and Building Permits issued by Pennsafe. 

Land Use Permit

This is the most commonly issued permit. This permit is for basic repair and remodeling on a private dwelling where no structural changes to the dwelling are being made. A land use permit can be obtained in the Curwensvile Borough Office.

How to Get A Land Use Permit

An application for a Land Use Permit can be filled out in the Curwensville Borough Office between 7 AM and 3 PM Monday thru Friday or you can print it by clicking on the download button below.

You will need the following items to obtain a permit:

  • Completed Application
  • Contractors PA License Number & Insurance Information.  (If Applicable)
  • Plot Plan (If Applicable)
  • Check For $50 made out to Curwensville Borough. We also accept cash..

Building Permits

Building permits are required when there is new construction or there are alterations to an existing structure. All work done to commercial properties require a building permit.

Click Here For Single Family Dwelling Permit Application. (Most Common)

Click The Button Below for Other Types of Building Permits.

Find out more

Other Types of Permits

Burn Permits


For the safety and comfort of all our citizens, the Borough requires a Burn Permit.

Click Here to Download!

Peddling & Solicitation Permit


For security reasons, all peddlers and salesman are required to obtain a permit.

Click Here to Download!

Wood Cutting Permit


Citizens may cut downed trees and limbs at Irvin Park. A SIGNED PERMIT IS REQUIRED. 

No standing trees can be cut.

Click Here to Download!

Please Obtain The Proper Permit

Applications are available in the borough office or click the link below to download and print. Please bring the completed application, any supporting documents required, and a check or cash for any fees due to the borough office. If approved, your permit application will be signed and a copy held on file in the Borough Office. Call 814-236-1840 for Assistance.